Human Rights Youth Education
“Now, therefore, The General Assembly proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.”
– Preamble, 1948, a Democrat US President sent a Republican former Vermont Senator as our UN Ambassador to cast the USA Yes Vote.
The Human Rights Pocketbook Venture (HRPV)
The Empathy Surplus Network USA is committed to the ideal American community as made up of strong, diverse, nurturing families, whose care for each other promote(s) social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom. This ideal big truth of human rights must be framed by its morality – a commitment to governing with empathy for and responsibility to human beings. We launched the Human Rights Pocketbook Venture in 2018 to partner with other civil society organizations, ethical businesses, and government task force agencies to distribute complimentary pocketbook copies of the Illustrated Universal Declaration of Human Rights to students in K-college every year through their teachers, parents, grandparents, other relatives, and youth workers.
Pro-Empathy Human Rights Pocketbook Partner Teams
Pro-Empathy Human Rights Pocketbook Partner Teams are individual volunteers of “organs of society” that have partnered with Empathy Surplus Network USA (ESNU). Not a part of an organization? Click on the ESNU logo below and join our team. Team members help distribute complimentary human rights pocketbooks to students in K-college through fundraising and teacher, parent, grandparent, and youth worker recruitment on behalf of their own organization’s efforts to educate youth about human rights. They brand their efforts using their own organizational logos and mission. Each dollar raised by a Pro-Empathy Human Rights Pocketbook Partner Team member is invested as follows:
- 55% for ESNU pocketbook creation with partner input
- 15% for ESNU shipping and handling of pocketbooks
- 10% for ESNU administration
- 20% granted to member organizations every trimester
Want to help? Consider Four Empathy Activities.
By practicing our Four Empathy Activities, we promote stronger neighbors, broader prosperity, better futures, effective government, and mutual responsibility through human rights education. We:
- INWARDLY DIGEST the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and commit to governing our life with empathy for and responsibility to all human beings to respect, protect, and promote their human rights. Click this link to request your complimentary pocketbook.
- INVEST at least $1/mo at this link to distribute 2.4 pocketbooks per year to students in K-college and their family members and/or teachers or youth workers. Family members, teachers, and or youth workers may request pocketbooks for their students at this link.
- IMPLEMENT Empathy Partner Teams at this link – or click on one of the three logos below – for human rights education with ethical businesses, government task forces, civil society organizations, and other families.
- INVITE others to join our Four Empathy Activities in local human rights education to promote the politics of a caring society – by sending them to https://empathysurplus.com.
Pro-Empathy Human Rights Pocketbook Partner Teams
Click on a team logo below to find a fundraiser and make your donation.
Commitment to Govern with Empathy for and Responsibility to Human Beings Begins in Nurturing Families
Our 4th edition of the Illustrated Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes more than 40 icons of the Convention of the Rights of the Child promoted by UNICEF. The United States of America and Somalia are the ONLY two countries in the world that have refused to ratify this human rights treaty. Consider watching this 2-minute video.
Our Human Rights Pocketbook Venture
We are grateful for sponsors who donated $2500 or more to launch this youth human rights education initiative.
Get In Touch
Your Donations Support Thought Leaders Continuing Ed
Caring Thought Leaders Core Values
the soul of democracy
both personal and social
to govern with empathy and responsibility
reframes stronger military
reframes free markets
reframes lower taxes
reframes less government
reframes family values
George Lakoff's Resources
The basic idea is this: Dr. Lakoff's resources are free and open to all. He will provide framing suggestions regularly over social media, and whoever receives them can decide how to use them, and whether to share them or retweet them. Dr. Lakoff's process is bottom-up.
Dr. Lakoff also offers this framing service to activist organizations, media folks, and elected officials and their staff.
Pro-Empathy Pledge to the People of the World
(Recited while holding a neighbor's hand. People from other countries may insert the name of their country.)
I pledge allegiance to the people of the world
and to my neighbors in the United States of America
and to our human rights, which I defend and promote,
one world governed with empathy and responsibility,
with liberty and justice for all.
The Empathy Surplus Network USA is a charitable human rights thought leaders continuing education collective headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio. We fulfill our mission with adult weekly forums and partnerships with teachers and organizations to distribute complimentary copies of the Illustrated Universal Declaration of Human Rights to K-12 and college students. Donations are exempt from federal income taxation under section 501(a) and described in section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.